• Show
Clear All

• IMP ECOSSE 2020 CANCELLATION ANNOUNCEMENT - From jim Fraser

Reposted at Jims request

Jim Fraser
    Sent: 17 March 2020 09:34
    To: Ian Sinclair; Gordon Ritchie; Colin Cairns Ford
    Subject: IMP ECOSSE 2020 CANCELLATION

Hi all, please see the announcement below regarding the cancellation of Imp Ecosse 2020. I have circulated via social media but please pass on to anyone who you know was planning on attending this years event.

Ian & Gordon, can you please circulate via your area lists.

John Ross, I would be most grateful if you could also post this on the Hillmanimp.org for me please.

regards, Jim

Jim Fraser
    Joint Edinburgh & Fife ACO on behalf of:
    The Imp Club Ltd.
    Registered in England.
    Company number 3452604
    Kemp House
    152-160 City Road
    London
    EC1V 2NX

IMP ECOSSE 2020 CANCELLATION ANNOUNCEMENT

It is with much regret that I have had to take the difficult decision to cancel Imp Ecosse 2020 due to the Coronavirus pandemic.

On March 16th, the UK Government issued a statement advising against “non essential contact” and “unnecessary travel” Following a telephone conversation with The Imp Club Chairman, Richard Claydon, we felt that the only sensible course of action was to cancel this years event. I am absolutely gutted to have to do this and a lot of time and effort has already gone into the planning of Imp Ecosse 2020 so this is not a decision I have taken lightly and it has been done so with the full backing of The Imp Club committee. The health of our members and their families has to be top priority in these unprecedented times and I hope that everyone will understand the reasons behind the decision to cancel.

As of this morning, I have notified Mortonhall Camping and Caravan Site that the event will not be going ahead. For those of you who have booked accommodation with Mortonhall, I have copied the terms and conditions regarding cancellation below. Please contact Mortonhall in the next few days if you intend to cancel your booking with them. As it stands, bookings fall into the "60% refund notified 30 days before the booking start date" category.

This information will be shared via the various social media platforms and the ACO network but can I ask that you pass it on to anyone who you know was intending to attend Imp Ecosse 2020

Kind regards,
    Jim Fraser, Imp Ecosse 2020 main event organiser

MORTONHALL CARAVAN AND CAMPING PARK CANCELLATION POLICY

Cancellation of your booking
    By Meadowhead:
    We reserve the right in any circumstance to cancel your booking. If so, we will refund 100%
    of the monies you have paid or alternatively offer you another holiday option of comparable
    standard, subject to availability

By You:
    If you wish to cancel your booking you must notify us by dated postal letter, email or
    telephone. (0131 664 3137)

The date of cancellation is the date we receive your letter, email or phone call.
    To ensure postal delivery we recommend all mailed cancellation letters are sent by
    Recorded delivery to the park address where you stayed.

We can only accept cancellation from the lead booking name unless
    You can provide appropriate evidence to support good reason why they are unable
    to cancel the booking

Cancellation Policy:
    The cancellation policy applies to any complete cancellation of the booking, or a reduction in
    the booking of either nights or number of pitches / people.

100% refund notified 90 days prior to the booking start date.
    85% refund notified 75 days before the booking start date.
    60% refund notified 30 days before the booking start date.
    35% refund notified 15 days before the booking start date.
    15% refund: notified 7 days or less before the booking start date.
    No Refund: no prior notification and non-arrival on first day of the booking.
    We recommend that you invest in your own holiday insurance incorporating a cancellation policy.
    / John

If it can be fixed with a hammer, I am your man

Direct from The imp Club Hillman Imp Forums

IMP ECOSSE - REFUND/RESCHEDULE 2021

post by Jim 'Saltire' Fraser » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:30 am

Hi all, I've just heard from Scott Clements as he'd been in contact with Mortonhall Caravan Park regarding a refund.
    They are offering to reschedule bookings to next year with a credit note for the full amount as an alternative to the 60% refund on cancellation. I have just spoken with the Park and I can confirm that this is the case so......

****************************IMP ECOSSE 2021 NOW RESCHEDULED FOR THE WEEKEND OF 23rd to 25th APRIL 2021********************************************

Hopefully something to look forward to,especially with all the doom and gloom at the moment!

I'm hoping to get a list of those who have booked accommodation and will try to contact everyone individually but please pass this around meantime. If you do still want to cancel rather than transfer, the 60% refund will still be applicable, as long as the cancellation is lodged 30 days prior to the arrival date as per the T&C's circulated earlier.

Regards, Jim (imp Ecosse 2020 / 2021!! Main event organiser )
    / John

If it can be fixed with a hammer, I am your man

Comment

Working...
    X