ID:	3409
    / John

When l nod my head , you hit it .
    Yes l know it's obvious but had to start it off
    Who does the L Refer too?

Bob

Comment

Bob

I took that pic and anything i would caption cannot be put in print.

It is the stub axle I feel sorry for !

They actually broke the vise, really !

John
      / John

Comment

Hardly surprising , sorted out a later set of stub axles to do king pins myself this week . All set to get her up in the air.
        ooh err missus!!

Comment

you going to do your own bushes etc. bob out of something sensible, bvery few folks get the pooertunity to set them up and line bore/set the axles up.

Always thought it would be nice to bore them out a little.

Basically make the carrier in the middle the pivot and closed ends so it could be oiled from top down.

I can slap up a model as it sounds harder to say.

Would have already done it myself bob but I cant do machining. We did a similar idea on a dish mount to reduce friction so we could use a small motor even in high winds. Worked well, was patented but now expired.

John
          / John

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200203_071240865.jpg
Size:	326.8 KB
ID:	3727
            Stripped these today , not doing anything apart from rebuild , did notice small hole in one of the bearing washers , obviously to lock that washer in place while other one twists , no signs of locating pin in stub axle so will be drilling and fitting pin before re assembly. . Reboring stub axles can be a pain , the trouble is holding them and getting various angles set . Not used to working on something this small.

Name:	Picture 037.jpg
Size:	490.6 KB
ID:	3728
            In a previous life this is the type of car l'd be working on , anyone care to guess what all three are?

Bob

Comment

Have to admit to not having a clue what they are, stub axles are a pain Bob, I actually had another idea for a small "repair" project.

I have a pile of dead water pump pulleys and only reason they are dead is the tapered rear seat has been worn down by wonblle and no longer sits correctly on the fixed part of the inner race so wears the seal.

A tapered spindle seal would be pretty close ! A repair washer to ship with water pumps might eb an idea as when these get worn the pulley sits below the spindle step so the nut cant hold it flat
              / John

Comment

Another two pictures you can guess at .I had a very big part of making these two .

Click image for larger version  Name:	paul gregorys invicta 012.jpg Views:	0 Size:	626.6 KB ID:	3772

Name:	work related 075.jpg
Size:	619.5 KB
ID:	3773

Comment

There is a logo on the wall in the second, is that a clue, Invicta?
                  Patrick McGrorty

100% MK 1 just as rootes intended it, no mods, no problem

Comment

Well Spotted young man , Did you google it? cos that's cheating,The vintage S\Type is a replica ,me a my colleague built basically from scratch ,new chassis ,engine and parts we made (most of it) . the other is the S 1 i did ALL the engineering machining work for the production run , jigs, fixtures, making wishbones ,uprights even down to door button bezels , but that was another life .
                    Bob

Comment

He probably noticed it Bob, he has a really furstrating, annoying beyond belief, sticks in the eye for detail

Makes him a great engineer but sucks the life out of the fun sometimes when you stare at a problem for days, along comes Pat, one look and its "thats wrong there" !

Thats why the sledge hammer approach is just so out of character.

Paul Conroy however thats Mr managers best tool in his box....

You see the rabbits video ??

John
                      / John

Comment

Originally posted by Petowner View Post
                        Well Spotted young man , Did you google it? cos that's cheating,
                        Noticed the logo as it always reminds me of the Aston Martin logo, very similar.
                        Patrick McGrorty

Comment

I always thought some of the S1 looked Aston ish!!!!!!! everyone of the cars production run has my wishbones on plus uprights , and most of the bespoke parts , had Jag door handles , VW rear light clusters, Steering parts l made were nothing to do with this picture

Name:	3779125763.jpg
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	3808
                          This was loaned to Silverstone race track as a parade car specifically to go no faster than 50mph , YEAH !!!!!!!!!
                          IDIOT it was the only car we had completed.

Name:	CNV00002 (2).JPG
Size:	525.6 KB
ID:	3809
                          This time the IDIOT that owned the company ran it off the M25 due to adverse camber on motorway (that was his excuse!) truth be known he fell asleep , he had this annoying habit of doing that.

Name:	CNV00019.jpg
Size:	453.7 KB
ID:	3810
                          Recognise the rear lights?

Name:	29062007172.jpg
Size:	620.4 KB
ID:	3811

Gave me a good living for 12 or so years then l got fed up with the criminal activities and could no longer put up with the downright crooked behaviour .
                          Not long after it folded , and rightly so .

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Petowner View Post

Name:	CNV00019.jpg
Size:	453.7 KB
ID:	3810
                            Recognise the rear lights?
                            Volkswagen ?
                            Patrick McGrorty

Comment

Yeah,on their side , think the idea was that it looks like the letter I for Invicta.
                              Not sure but fairly certain that one person owns all or just about all the S1s now .

Comment

Working...
                              X