Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Magnetism

Been busy today

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2092.jpg Views:	92 Size:	333.3 KB ID:	3936
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2093.jpg Views:	62 Size:	414.3 KB ID:	3937

Plugs to fit sump & gearbox, stronger magnets than the in tank filter magnet, there's no way these magnets will not pick up metallic debris in sump or gearbox oil.
    They are removable from plugs for cleaning ,should you feel the need , but you need a vice , haven't tried mole grips ,might work .

Bob

EMAIL : bobs_sump_mags@hillmanimp.org (real email masked as spam prevention)
    Last edited by John A. Ross; 13 February 2020, 02:27 PM.

A very attract ive option
    / John

Comment

Nice , something else to buy :)

Comment

Yes, must resist, cannot resist, attraction is too strong.....
        Patrick McGrorty

100% MK 1 just as rootes intended it, no mods, no problem

Comment

Yes Pat ,very good again , thanks for you'r comments on my posts .
          They are Strong magnets .

Comment

Bob, he is like this 24/7, his jokes are worse ! Ask Colimp66
            / John

Comment

Back on subject, another great idea, lot's of brilliant ideas around here.

Look forward to getting some of these onto Mildred.
              Patrick McGrorty

100% MK 1 just as rootes intended it, no mods, no problem

Comment

Magnetic plugs have been tested by me now having only made them a few days ago , the hexagonal head of my plugs are bigger than the originals , l used a 1" socket with no problem .
                Inserted one of my plugs into gearbox and levelled off gearbox , tilted box to remove plug and it was covered in iron filings , shocked me a bit .

SO NOW ON SALE £20 THE PAIR

Note to self , Order more magnets.
                Advert for washer jets in Impressions next month , so another batch available now.

Comment

Order on its way Bob

Comment

Inserted one of my plugs into gearbox and levelled off gearbox , tilted box to remove plug and it was covered in iron filings , shocked me a bit .
                    Bob, it is shocking is it not, especially if it has never been flushed.

You hear folks talking changing engine oil as often as they can but no-one ever mentions trasnaxle oil like it is an everr lasting source. Most I have removed the oil is well rank and I mean rank or there is next to none in it as it has been weeping past the worn seals.......

I was going to dins some nice double ipped seals and maybe post something on that for the transaxle.

John
                    / John

Comment

Ordered more plugs to modify , next order more magnets and washers, Only 4 cars worth left on shelf now.

Comment

Working...
                      X