Radiator expansion bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PMCG View Post

I've got it now, so the tank is filled to the brim and it's the expansion when it heats up that moves it into the expansion tank not the pressure.

I wouldn't have thought it would be able to get back from the tank to the radiator with the cap. Didn't know about the internal valve in the cap.
    Here you go , its the low pressure valve in the middle , lets coolant back in without moving the main seal , on my cap on the bottle this is jammed open - non pressurised but leak free
    Click image for larger version  Name:	unnamed.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.8 KB ID:	3831

Comment

Paul Conroy has got the bug Dave, was just up with turbo 875 MK 3, an expansion bottle has appeared

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200209_121232.jpg
Size:	437.8 KB
ID:	3841

Attached Files
      / John

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_3826.jpg Views:	3 Size:	3.07 MB ID:	9662 Thanks for the tips Dave, here is my attempt. Does the height of the bottle matter?

Comment

Originally posted by High_dan View Post
          Thanks for the tips Dave, here is my attempt. Does the height of the bottle matter?
          As long as its below the top of that rad it should be fine , pipe should be right to the bottom off the bottle , you will see it working , fills up by an inch or so when hot then goes slowly back to the cold level as it cools

Comment

Thanks Dave, might be. Little high then. The water level when hot is lower than the top tho. Will drive it around and see what happens.

Comment

I like these old plastic bottles that have that sort of oldish look to them, look like they should be there.
              Patrick McGrorty

100% MK 1 just as rootes intended it, no mods, no problem

Comment

Working...
              X