Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK1 Singer Chamois

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • John A. Ross
    replied
    Nice work Dave, gladd the hoses woreked out OK ! and no brake pipes were harmed in then process

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave Lane
    replied
    The hideous job of the rear hoses has been achieved
    Drivers side was easy , Passenger side put up a bit of a fight probably because its a bit cack handed for me .
    Easy way is cut the old hoses first , makes it easier to remove the remains . A plastic bag under the reservoir cap stops most of the fluid coming out = handy tip
    Anyhoo I haz brakes with no leaks . Once fitted i pulled the brake light fuse - jammed the pedal down with some wood and left it 10 minutes - result was no leaks and no loss of pressure so il take that as a win . Pedal travel is around 1 1/2 inch total - no pulling to either side , just need to bed the new shoes in more .
    buried the nuts etc with Lanoguard grease then cleaned and sprayed the area with normal lanoguard .
    Not sure what size hole is in a soft line but the old ones were around 2mm .​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1717.jpg Size:	497.3 KB ID:	23006 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1715.jpg Size:	505.9 KB ID:	23007 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1716.jpg Size:	443.1 KB ID:	23008

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by John A. Ross View Post
    Top work again Dave

    Engine bay wiring in an Imp always looks nasty. I actually hid all min in the chammy, ran it inside the back parcel shelf including starter lead so all the ires just pop out.

    But that looks really neat.
    Half of mine is behind , all the coil wires and N/S lights etc , its why theres none showing on the passengers side , didnt fancy running a main battery lead through a steel hole even with a grommet fitted , its why its like it is

    Leave a comment:


  • John A. Ross
    replied
    Top work again Dave

    Engine bay wiring in an Imp always looks nasty. I actually hid all min in the chammy, ran it inside the back parcel shelf including starter lead so all the ires just pop out.

    But that looks really neat.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave Lane
    replied
    Done the same on the Singer re. getting shot of the wiring tabs and replacing with P clips using rivnuts and stainless bolts / washers - much more gooder

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1673.jpg Size:	428.9 KB ID:	22683 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1672.jpg Size:	407.2 KB ID:	22684

    Leave a comment:


  • John A. Ross
    replied
    Good stuff my man

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave Lane
    replied
    Points swappage yesterday was deffo the issue .
    61 glorious trouble free miles done today .
    Its running spot on in every way now

    Leave a comment:


  • John A. Ross
    replied
    Good rescue Dave

    Better than my day for sure

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave Lane
    replied
    Took the Singer out today - first time in 3 weeks .
    UMM --- Sommats not quite right - feels like the timings gone out - timing only goes out if sommats gone amiss be it fuel quality or ignition .
    Anyhoo some quick checks later it turns out the points were a bit pitted ( not excessive though ) . What was excessive was the 20 thou gap
    So put some NOS Genuine Lucas points from the 70s in , set the gap to 16 thou , re checked timing ( bang on ) , checked the dwell on tickover and high revs ( 57˚ and stable to within 3 degrees at 5000 RPM )
    Went to get some fresh fuel - rechecked the gap ( unaltered ) and Its now back to normal
    Have an old pic from way back when at a place i cant remember

    Click image for larger version

Name:	275289511_1894821197393293_5907362178801720976_n.jpg
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	21615

    Leave a comment:


  • John A. Ross
    replied
    Nice work as Always Mr Dave they are by far the best handles to fit on an engine cover IMHO anyway

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave Lane
    replied
    Square drive on one of my Wilmot Breeden locking engine lid handles was very worn with a bucket load of play when you turned the handle , it sometimes went out of line meaning locking it was tricky .
    Rather than try and find another ive replaced the drive with a brass one i turned at work .
    Tother handles fine so that can stay as is for now .
    Make do and mend I say

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1343.jpg
Size:	543.0 KB
ID:	21506

    Leave a comment:


  • John A. Ross
    replied
    Far better idea Dave

    Great idea for the drain but the valved are horrid, I have snapped plenty of those off on the block and had to plug it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave Lane
    replied
    YAY JOY
    FINALLY Ive managed to shift the busted - and recently leaky block drain valve thingy .
    Replaced with my adaptor / brake bleeder bodge up .
    No more leaking undrainable drain tap

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1143.jpg
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	20915 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1144.jpg
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	20916 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1145.jpg
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	20917 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1146.jpg
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	20918

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by John A. Ross View Post
    I knew that was gonna happen, nice work Dave
    So did I , Like the drivers side look so had to do the drinkers side

    Leave a comment:


  • John A. Ross
    replied
    I knew that was gonna happen, nice work Dave

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X