Replacement rear cross member bolt solution - reduced head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement rear cross member bolt solution - reduced head

I picked my set up from Robin Human as the 4 side bolts on the rear cross member can be a pain in the back side.

Great solution for getting a spanner in there and a bit more correct than my reduced flat socket head screws

From Robins Advert on Facebook

Click image for larger version

Name:	257494_o.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	8989

New sets of 4, 5/16" unf thread silver plated nimonic steel rear engine support crossmember side fixing bolts (with a reduced multi hex head - use with a 3/8" 12 point ratchet spanner - allows much easier access).

£6 including UK postage. (Overseas shipping is welcome, please contact me for costs).
    Price is correct at date of posting. To contact robin you would need to connect with him on Facebook

/ John

Funny you should put this up today , under rear end today and noticed body shop had only put a few bolts in cross member , but mainly underneath so looking at vertical section, bolt holes were miles out of position , had me wondering if l had wrong cross member and l think l gave other one away.
    Thought about it and found an old jack and put it under central section and managed to persuade cross member to move to correct position and got at least two bolts in , now you've pointed out possible problems l'll look out for it and l already know the cure.
    Waiting for Robin to get back to me about something else anyway.

THANKS
    Bob

Comment

Bob

Thats one in place and dont worry, I think like everything else those were made for the car to fit on an individual basis

Plus if the back corners were replaced sometimes the holes are not put back where they should be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200614_204201.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	8992

/ John

Comment

Working...
      X