Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double lipped oil seal as alternative to standard ones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double lipped oil seal as alternative to standard ones.

I originally seen this as a comment from Pete Fitzgerald ( Pete Fitz Advertising Co-ordinator at The Imp Club ) which was a top tip from Clark Dawson to him.

Many of the seals used in the Imp have now got alternatives as a double lip, seals usually specified as OD/ID/thickness have either very close metric sizes and double lipped.

When i asked Bob Allan at Imp Club Spares to get me a double lip crank seal he ordered some in and they were great, I think these are stocked as standard now but given seals with single lips only seem to be effective for 1/2 as long these days due to shaft wear, the double lip seal gives that added life expectancy a boost.

Plesae contact Bob Allan in the first instance at The imp Club Spares service ( membership required to purchase ) to see what he has already, no point duplicating work if he has them sourced already.

For Imp Club non-members let us see if we can compile a source of double lipped deals of good quality and list the part number and sources found here.
    Last edited by John A. Ross; 15 February 2020, 06:12 PM.
    / John
Working...
X