No announcement yet.

Petula - time to start fitting bits and bringing some shine to her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got so far . Needed to buy another torque wrench as one l had was higher torque so off to town .
    Just followed my nose to see how disc set up fitted Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200512_151007616_HDR.jpg
Size:	500.3 KB
ID:	7645
    Just about got my head around it.
    Bob

Comment

Bob

Yes the hub nut torque is really small, could almost do it by hand, you can actually feel it anyway Bob by hand when you spin with a wheel on. Manual says do it wall with road wheel on anyway

Looking good though, closer to being on the ground,

Petula will probably be on the ground before mine !
      / John

Comment

COO even the headlight seal fixing clips match the colour scheme(black) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200515_120732269.jpg
Size:	518.1 KB
ID:	7816

Trial fitted one head light Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200515_120454606.jpg
Size:	503.6 KB
ID:	7817

Needed to remove it as the new assemblies l bought , the screws didn't have any way of fitting the small adjusting knobs , so modified the rear of the screws by grinding a flat either side until knobs fitted ,

Fitted nice NOISEY thing (l've always found that air horns and similar make people realise you ARE THERE , not like normal horns . (USELESS) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200515_110955208.jpg
Size:	462.0 KB
ID:	7818

Removed brake master cylinder and replaced coupling with correct style to fit pedal, just got to fit back in .

Modified headlight bowl ala Dave Lane . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200515_120512790.jpg
Size:	431.8 KB
ID:	7819
        Need to fit plastic trim yet .
        Wheels back on front , nothing tightened up to final torques yet , that'll wait till brake system is finished .
        Might start looking into wiring next , might just raise rear end and just fit dampers & springs to see how it all looks , but still got to assemble refurbished rear suspension .
        Robins disc conversion seems to be GOOD as far as l can tell , easy fit and can revert to drums if needed as nothing is altered in fitting it.
        Just looking at water bottles again (washers).

Must get back out to play again now.

Bob

Comment

Nice one Bob

Robins kit is one of best I have fitted, really does have everything in the box and can buy all bits new if needed.

Great to see Petula "get her face" on always my favourite bit, get the lights fitted just transforms the car so much and give the mojo a great boost

Will be great to see it sitting on the ground, I did say you will beat me to that stage

/ John

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200515_155905395.jpg
Size:	498.9 KB
ID:	7830I have got another grill painted green ,but thought the black is going to be the one to go with .
            I modified the lock bezel so that it pivoted upwards , my theory was that it wouldn't be correct swinging downwards to open it , I was wrong then , so l need to make a tapered ring to sit behind the lock bezel so that when l swing it to lock or unlock , it doesn't hit the bodywork .

Bob

Comment

Full face on now, looking good, did not realise it had a front bonnet lock is that a mod ?
              / John

Comment

Yes also got my customised badge to go on

Bob

Comment

Name:	P4260128.JPG
Size:	369.4 KB
ID:	7861

Comment

Unique and really cool Bob, cant get a better combo than that
                    / John

Comment

Yes the uniqueness appeals to me .That's what l'm aiming for.
                      Already got Frances

Comment

Been sorting dummy grills (l have a few to chose from)the best one needed a hole machining in it for lock\ badge bezel which l did today.

Name:	IMG_20200529_064705593.jpg
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	8407Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200529_075018977.jpg
Size:	950.1 KB
ID:	8405Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200529_075608440.jpg
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	8406
                        Pictured with second quality grill fitted to Pet

Name:	IMG_20200528_141413082.jpg
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	8408Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200528_141422154.jpg
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	8409Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200528_141436003.jpg
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	8410

Yes l know the badge assembly is fitted upside down to normal , looking into how to fit fog lamps now , need to load bumper brackets and see what room is available for fitting something from bumper mount points, also awaiting parts for steering column and wiper motor clamp .
                        Sorting dummy grills to sell on now .

Bob

Comment

Lovely piece of work bob, the badge just looks so much better than the standard one.

Jim did the same, he only had a grille with hole already in it and no lock, so just put a badge in.

Colour looks so much better in the sunshine !
                          / John

Comment

Name:	IMG_20200530_112503505.jpg
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	8434

Lots of shine and l haven't polished it yet, think l've worked out best place for fog lights ,got to make up a bracket that attaches to bumper mount brackets .
                            Found the elusive steering column indicator cancelling nylon bush , inside the car at base of inner column , car has been covered for weeks .
                            Replacement part is already winging its way to me from Graham, so will have a spare now.

Comment

Ah OK, fell to bottom when dowl came out !

Mystery solved as to where it went at least, cant get much safer
                              / John

Comment

More Bling ?
                                Can you have BLACK bling?
                                Rocker box , stub axles , water connectors ,oil filler, thermostat covers, spot light brackets , rear engine mount.
                                Rear engine mount have l put bush in place in the correct position so largest amount of rubber underneath?
                                Not sure whether to modify stub axles or leave until l am sure l'm happy with mods already made and on the car , as these latest ones are spares.

Decided to make a batch of spot light brackets as l was happy with them, maybe others would be ?

Name:	IMG_20210121_135038605.jpg
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	12149Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210121_135203423.jpg
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	12150Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210121_135101878.jpg
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	12151Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210121_135111782_MP.jpg
Size:	3.39 MB